Academy MemberMap & Directions
- Practice Commenced: 1994
- FORT COLLINS
Steve Clymer has established a first class reputation for his services as a neutral since establishing his practice in 1994, and turning to fulltime ADR practice in 2000. He has served as a mediator, arbitrator, facilitator, and been appointed as a Special Master in major civil cases, including class actions.
To date, Steve has mediated over 4,000 cases throughout the state of Colorado. He is also a frequent CLE speaker and panelist.
As Adjunct ADR Professor at the University of Colorado School of Law, Professor Clymer taught Alternative Dispute Resolution and Legal Negotiation from 2004--2009.
Steve currently serves on the Professionalism Committee of the Boulder County Bar Association, and he is a former Co-Chair of the Boulder County Bar's ADR Committee.
- ADA Disability
- Banking & Finance
- Civil Rights
- Class Actions
- Community Associations
- Consumer Fraud
- Contract Disputes
- Debt Collections
- Family Businesses
- Intellectual Property
- Land Use/Planning
- Legal Malpractice
- Libel & Slander
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Media & Communications
- Medical Malpractice
- Non-profit Organizations
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Real Estate
- Religious Institutions
- Shareholder Disputes
- Title Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- Workers' Compensation
- Wrongful Death
- J.D. Case Western Reserve University School of Law 1983
- A.B. St. Louis University 1980
- Arbitration Training, American Arbitration Association, c. 1988
- Mediation Process Training - CDR training, City of Boulder Community Mediation Service. February 1994
- Arts Mediation Training. Colorado Lawyers for the Arts. April 1996
- Vocational Rehabilitation Mediation Training, State of Colorado. October 1999
- Transformative Mediation Training, US Postal Service REDRESS Program, Denver, CO. September 2007
- Ombudsman Training, United States Ombudsman Association, Lexington, KY. September 2008
- Ombudsman training and internship at University of Colorado Ombuds Office
- Ongoing supplemental training and CLE programs
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member: Colorado, Denver, and Boulder County Bar Associations
- Member: Professionalism Committe, Boulder County Bar Association
- Member: ADR Committe of Boulder County Bar Assocation
- Member: ADR Section of Denver Bar Association
- Adjunct Professor: University of Colorado School of Law, Boulder, CO. 2004--2009, teaching Alternative Dispute Resolution and Legal Negotiation
- Co-Chair: ADR Committee, Boulder County Bar Association. 1995--1997 and 2002--2004
- Representative: Colorado Bar Association Board of Governors. 2006-2007
- Vice President: Colorado Bar Association. 2007-2008
Accord ADR Group charges on an hourly basis for our services. We hold counsel responsible for payment of our fees.
Our mediators’ hourly rates are billed for preparation time, mediation sessions, and time which may exceed typical follow up work.
Mr. Clymer’s hourly rate is $400; Mr. McQuiston’s hourly rate is $375; and Mr. Gunning's hourly rate is $360.
When a scheduled mediation session is vacated with less than 14 days’ notice, a fee will be assessed to cover one-half the time booked (i.e., two hours for one-half day mediations, and four hours for full-day mediations). This applies whether or not the case is rescheduled.