Academy MemberMap & Directions
Steve Clymer has established a first class reputation for his services as a neutral since establishing his practice in 1994, and turning to fulltime ADR practice in 2000. He has served as a mediator, arbitrator, workplace facilitator, and been appointed as a Special Master in major civil cases, including class actions.
To date, Steve has mediated over 4,000 cases throughout the state of Colorado. Steve Clymer is also a frequent CLE speaker and panelist, and he is a former Co-Chair of the Boulder County Bar Association's ADR Committee.
- ADA Disability
- Banking & Finance
- Civil Rights
- Class Actions
- Community Associations
- Consumer Fraud
- Contract Disputes
- Debt Collections
- Family Businesses
- Intellectual Property
- Land Use/Planning
- Legal Malpractice
- Libel & Slander
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Media & Communications
- Medical Malpractice
- Non-profit Organizations
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Real Estate
- Religious Institutions
- Shareholder Disputes
- Title Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- Workers' Compensation
- Wrongful Death
- J.D. Case Western Reserve University School of Law 1983
- A.B. St. Louis University 1980
- Arbitration Training, American Arbitration Association, c. 1988
- Mediation Process Training - CDR training, City of Boulder Community Mediation Service, Boulder, Colorado. February 1994.
- Arts Mediation Training. Colorado Lawyers for the Arts, April 1996.
- Vocational Rehabilitation Mediation Training, State of Colorado. October 1999.
- Ongoing supplemental training and CLE programs, including Ombudsman training and internship at University of Colorado at Boulder.
- Transformative Mediation Training, US Postal Service REDRESS Program, Denver, CO, September 2007
- Ombudsman Training, United States Ombudsman Association, Lexington, KY, September 2008
Memberships & Affiliations
- Special Master. Served as the court-appointed Special Master in statewide class action case, Beller et al. v. American Cemwood Corp., et al. From 2000 onward. Issued final, binding, nonappealable determinations in over 100 claims.
- Co-Chair: Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee, Boulder County Bar Association, Boulder, Colorado. 1995--1997 and 2002--2004.
- Representative: Colorado Bar Association Board of Governors, 2006-2007
- Vice President: Colorado Bar Association, 2007-2008.
- Member: Colorado, American, and Boulder County Bar Associations;
- Member, ACR (Association for Conflict Resolution)
- Member, Legal Fee Arbitration Committee, Denver and Colorado Bar Associations
- Guidelines Member, CCMO (Colorado Council of Mediators and Mediation Organizations)
- Moderator, Conference of World Affair - University of Colorado at Boulder
We charge on an hourly basis for our services, and our fees are split by the parties. Our hourly rate for mediation and arbitration is $360 per hour, split by the parties. Call for details.